Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Artist Statement


This will be just about every picture and every project that I have created in Ms. Cooks photo class. There's just from simple regular camera pictures to all out photoshopped photos. It's a view of the different ideas I have come up with as well as all the different pictures that I have taken over the year. It has shown the progress that I have made from the beginning of the year to the end of the year. To me this portfolio has been some of my best work during my senior year. It's in an area in which I really enjoy doing and have fun with. I can see myself having photography as a hobby later on in my life.

Over the course of the semester I have learned how to change photos using photoshop, ways to improve my photo taking skills such as rule of thirds and ISO, I have also learned more about different types of artist that aren't only focused on photo taking. I feel like I have been most successful in my photoshop works because it's just something new to me that I pushed myself to learn more about because I didn't know much about it. I also have purchased the program at home which helped me during school as well because I had a chance to practice it at home. I struggled with taking dark photos the most. There were ocassion in which I did projects at home after work. Dark hours aren't the very best times to be taking pictures if your a beginner but the camera settings that we learned in class helped me improve that so much more than I exected.

Some of my influences have been my beliefs. Most of the photo that I took I wanted to incorporate some sort of meaning to each and every one of them. So I had alot of taught into most of my photos. I mainly think I have improved more on taking photos with special photo settings. It has improved my photos since the beginning of the year.




2 comments:

Miss Cook said...

Alma. Your portfolio is excellent. I was very happy to see you end with strong portraits. I really appreciated the effort you put in to them, and I think it paid off. I have enjoyed all of your artwork, and your opinions and just your attitude in class. The world has great things in store for you-- or perhaps its the other way around, you have great things in store for the world. I am honored to have mixed my life with yours.

David said...

I had so much fun with you in high school Alma. I hope to see you lots for the rest of my life. You bring a smile to my face and you are honestly THE BEST female friend I have. Love ya and I hope you have a fantastic life full of awesome surprises

David Calles "08!"